M&S DMC3-4 Intercom Systems
BEC is a "Service Center" & "Authorized M&S Distributor"
Custom Intercom Upgrade Replacements Replace NuTone, M&S Systems
Contact BEC Audio today with any questions about your intercom upgrade replacement needs. Our CUSTOM design help, and support is Excellent, Our website is the most informative and are pricing is among the BEST.
The M&S dmc3-4 Residential Intercom Upgrade. This option serve as replacements for almost any old M&S Systems, Nutone, Broan, and AudioTech Intercom systems. In addition, you are able to re-use the existing wire with the dmc3-4 (3 and 4 wire systems) and the dmc1 (6 wire systems) intercom systems.
M&S DMC3-4 & DMC1 The DMC3-4 will replace almost any three wire or four wire intercom system and the M&S DMC1 will replace most six and seven wire intercom systems.
M&S / Linear is phasing out the DMCBT Blue tooth units and these are only available while supplies last. WHITE units are already "Sold Out". "BEC offers" the master units with a 3.5mm jack right on the master unit so that you can plug in a blue tooth device, smart phone etc. You may also consider the IntraSonic RETRO-M Intercom. These master units have a built in compartment for blue tooth.
M&S System DMC3-4 & DMC1 Upgrade Intercom Systems
When upgrading or replacing your home intercom system there are some important things you need to know and we can help you answer any of these questions. You may also Request an Emailed Quote. Our design help and support is Excellent, and are pricing is among the BEST.
The M&S DMC3-4 will replace almost any three wire or four wire intercom system and the M&S DMC1 will replace most six and seven wire intercom systems. Below are answers to some of the more common questions we are asked from our customers.
- Re-using old stations - Unless you have the M&S MC602 model you WILL have to replace ALL room intercom stations and patio intercom stations. If you are replacing a Nutone system of any type you will also have to replace doorbell stations, ceiling speakers and controls.
- Wiring can always be re-used as long as these wires are home run straight back from each station to the master intercom. This is typically how most old M&S and Nutone systems were wired. Read more...
- Drywall work - Drywall or patch work is not necessary since upgrade systems are designed with adapter plate options. BEC Audio also makes Custom Sized Frames for unique applications.
- Master unit housing - The rough in box or housing that is in the wall for the existing master unit does have to be replaced when upgrading using the M&S or Nutone intercom upgrade products. If you decide to upgrade using the IntraSonic RETRO-M Intercom you will be able to re-use the rough in housing in the wall as long as it is no taller than 10 inches in height. Read More About Master Unit Housing Installation.
- IPod's and CD players - We have a few different options for you here. The six disc CD player is available but this unit only comes in white. We also offer a single disc CD player which has a portable music device drawer / table to set most portable music devices on. The pullout drawer on the DMCMP3 does have a 3.5 mm Jack as well as a USB port for charging most devices. If keeping costs down is what you have in mind but you would still like to play your portable music through the system, we do offer master units with 3.5 mm Jack.
- Choosing the right Stations - If you have the model number of your existing master unit most of our questions would be answered. If you have an M&S system now, the model number is typically on the bottom right-hand corner of the master units. It is hidden on the bottom of the master unit so you will need to look underneath. You can do this without removing the master unit. If you have a CD player it is likely that this unit would be blocking the model number. If you are replacing a Nutone, the model number is often on the front of the master unit and sometimes behind a closed door on the master. If you have no luck finding the model number you can remove one of the interior room intercom stations and simply count how many individual wires are connected to it. Typically you will see 3, 4 or 6 wires connected. Read more...
- Door Stations - if you are replacing an M&S Systems Intercom with M&S Systems you can always reuse the door station. If you are replacing a Nutone Intercom System you will need to replace this regardless of which product you upgrade with. Read more...
- Ceiling and Wall Speakers - if you have existing M&S music only ceiling or wall speakers you can reconnect these in some cases but not all. If you have Nutone music only ceiling or wall speakers you will not be able to read connect these two ANY new upgrade system. Read More...
M&S DMC3-4 & DMC1 Features
- White faceplate color
- Retrofit for 3 and 4 wire intercom systems (dmc1 for 6 & 7 wire)
- Supports up to 15 room stations
- Supports up to 3 door speakers
- 30 Watts (RMS) maximum output power
- Two music source inputs
- Eight AM and eight FM radio station tuner presets
- Stereo upgrade with optional power amplifier
- Remote volume and source control from room stations
- Intercom only and door release features
- Programmable monitor override
- Automatic on/off feature
- Optional three-note and eight-note door chime
- 15.25" W x 5.3125" H
|DMC3-4 Installation Manual||DMC3-4 User Manual||DMC3-4 Troubleshooting Guide|
|View DMC3-4 Layout Drawing||DMC3-4 Literature||VIEW Complete DMC Upgrade KITS|
|M&S & Nutone Intercom Repairs||Other Popular UPGRADE Options|
We also repair most old M&S Master Units
(We ONLY repair master units)